Musing on food and cooking ...

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Weirdest Dream Ever

I realize that I have been under the influence of cold medication lately, but last night I had the weirdest dream ever.

I had a dream that I was a me-sized package of virgin stew meat (with a human head) and was in the process of being sacrificed on the altar to some blood-thirty god or another. All my meat was packaged tight into this tight plastic wrapper and when the priest 'sacrificed" me, he split the plastic with a knife and all my little stew meat pieces gushed onto the floor. Blood every where! And underneath all the little bloody pieces, there I was, looking like a regular human. Afterwards, in the dream, I felt much better about things but I had an incredible longing for shallots and rosemary.

One would think I have been watching Clive Barker movies or some such, even though I haven't.

3 comments:

Brave Sir Robin said...

Boy, I don't know what to say about that one.

What kind of cold medicine are you taking? I got to get me some of that shit.

Get well!!

:)

Brave Sir Robin said...

Let me add, Freud would have a field day with that dream!!!!

GourmetGoddess said...

Actually, I am not so certain it was Freudian. I now think the stew meat pieces were pieces of illness, ie, my cold. Because really, I felt a million times better when I woke up!