Musing on food and cooking ...

Monday, November 05, 2007

No posts for a while. Yours truly has been sick and is still not feeling great. bad headache. sore throat. cough. Nose drips.

Have been treating said general yucks with Magic Chicken Soup of Get Wellness (recipe posted at an earlier date) but gussied up with ginger and sirachi and sooper spicy chili - neither of which seems to be working, dammit. About to break out the honey loquat. Yeah, Chinese herbal medicine that doesn't involve body parts from endangered species!

5 comments:

joshhill1021 said...

I hope you feel better. I am surprised the chicken noodle soup did not fix it as that or duct tape will fix anything.

GourmetGoddess said...

Yeah, I know it is bad when chicken soup doesn't work. And it is extra special bad when sirachi doesn't work. All these extra strength bugs going around I guess... I just read a report that frickin Whooping Couch is making a comeback and nailing even people who have been vacinated. Shit.

pissed off patricia said...

Bummer, I come to visit for the first time and find you feeling bad. Sounds like what I had last year and it hung on a long time. Hope yours goes away real soon. Take care.

I loved reading about your cats over at boxer's site.

Brave Sir Robin said...

Get well my friend!!

I will sacrifice a goat to Zeus for your speedy recovery.


(Or I could just hope you get better, which ever you prefer)

GourmetGoddess said...

Please, only sacrifice a goat if we can eat it curried with rice later on!