Musing on food and cooking ...

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Oh Hell No!

I could believe my eyes when I saw this today as I was checking the business section. Didn't the last eight years with the drinking-buddy-in-chief do anything to convince us that what we most want is a president that we DON'T want to drink with? I mean come on, people! Don't even go down this road? Don't even ask this question!



For The Boston Globe online:


The text reads:

Which candidate would you want to have a drink with?

  • Hillary Clinton. I think she’d speak candidly and also with warmth, especially around the fifth beer.
  • Barack Obama. I think he’d be inspirational and you could use a guy like that to convince the bartender to give you one more past last call.
  • John McCain. His war record is bound to get us lots of free rounds.
  • None. I wouldn't want to have a drink with any of them.

No comments: