Musing on food and cooking ...

Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer Tuna Salad

1 pound pasta, such as rotini, bow tie, elbow mac
1 large sweet onion, diced
2 cans tuna, drained
2 cups canned artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 T Penzy's pizza spice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup liquid from the artichoke hearts

Prepare pasta according to label directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.

Place tuna, chopped onion, pizza spice, and artichoke hearts in the bottom of a serving bowl. Toss thoroughly. Add in olive oil and artichoke heart liquid. Pour the pasta over the other ingredients and toss to coat everything nicely. Chill several hours before serving, to allow the flavors to get happy together.

Note: This may be a bit dry for some. If you find it so, feel free to increase the olive oil and liquid mixture, keeping the proportions equal. This may be a very good thing to do if you have leftovers, as the pasta will soak up the liquid.

7 comments:

jenn said...

Is this the one your brought last year to ravinia? if so, it was fantastic! hey, where's lentil joes recipe?

GourmetGoddess said...

It is very similar but not exactly the same as last year's Ravinia salad.

oddjob said...

NO CAPERS???

;-)

oddjob said...

Two delicious additions would be grated lemon peel (&/or) dried red pepper flakes ("pepperoncini").

GourmetGoddess said...

Oddjob!

Welcome!

My sweetie actually makes one with capers that is yummy delicious :)

By the way, if you want to drop me a line, feel free to do so at leopele2003 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Heather

oddjob said...

I note your address and will save it for future reference. My present email situation remains frustrating. I use comcast.net. They were very convenient until February when they "improved" their format, simultaneously making it impossible for me to send emails as "oddjob" instead of under my actual name without logging out of email and relogging under my anonymous secondary account. (Why they assume this is a better arrangement is an utter mystery to me.)

Nonetheless I will save the email address for future reference.

oddjob said...

I note your address and will save it for future reference. My present email situation remains frustrating. I use comcast.net. They were very convenient until February when they "improved" their format, simultaneously making it impossible for me to send emails as "oddjob" instead of under my actual name without logging out of email and relogging under my anonymous secondary account. (Why they assume this is a better arrangement is an utter mystery to me.)

Nonetheless I will save the email address for future reference.