Musing on food and cooking ...

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Dammit

So the person who was going to start my seeds has had a minor meltdown and now wants me to buy my own seed starting kit, start the seeds, and then bring them over once they are a certain size to bask under the grow lights.

Which seems totally stupid to me. Especially as I was going to share my seeds with him, if Burpee ever sends them to me.

And now I have two choices: send back all the seeds I bought and order plants or buy my own seed starting kit and try to figure out where to put it that the cats won't destroy it and start seeds. Forget the whole bringing them over to under the grow lights. That is an extra step I won't pursue.

And why do I get this feeling that this is the universe sending me some sort of a damn message about trust and responsibility?

*grumbles*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I guess I'd go with the send back the seeds and buy plants options. If you can't find a place the cats won't destroy.

Spare room with a door?

Anonymous said...

Keep the seeds for next year and maybe I can start them for. Buy plants, because it is too late to start them unless you have a greenhouse type closure. I'm hoping to have a cold frame set up for next spring.
Su Madre

Brave Sir Robin said...

Move South where the growing season is like 10 1/2 months.

I'm just sayin' . . . . .

:)