Musing on food and cooking ...

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Experimental Cookie #3

Well, the alien flu has been causing me to malinger. I am still sick. Can you believe that crap? I don't feel awful but I don't feel 100% either. My poor house is looking a sight as a result, so today I am in cleaning mode. If you are a dust bunny, you will be terminated!

I did recently have enough energy to make Experimental Cookie #3 - cafe mocha chip. Sadly, test results showed it was more mocha and less cafe, so in its next incarnation, I am going to use crushed chocolate covered espresso beans instead of chips. Here is the recipe for #3!


2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup Splenda
1 cup light brown sugar
1 T vanilla extract (or chocolate vanilla if you can get it)
2 large eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup cappuchino chips
nuts, if you like them

Preheat oven to 375. Stif flour with baking soda and salt and set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until incorporated. Blend dry into wet slowly until you have a nice smooth batter, then mix in your chips. Drop by the tablespoon full unto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes,

This recipes makes between 3-4 dozen cookies. The cookies are very moist and rich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could terminate all of my dust bunnies!

I also wish I had an oven so I could bake something, anything.