Musing on food and cooking ...

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Quick and Easy Guacamole

Here is a lazy person's version of guacamole that I made over the weekend.

4 ripe avacados (they are ripe when still firm but with a slight give to the touch)
1 T garlic powder
1/2 cup salsa (use your favorite. This will allow you to make the guacamole as hot as you prefer)
salt to taste

Open the avacados by splitting in half and then removing the pit. Scoop the flesh out of the skin with a spoon into a bowl. Mash up. I used a potato masher, but I fork would do. Leave it a little chunky. Add garlic powder and then salsa, and mix until well blended. Add salt to taste. Serve with chips and veggies or spread onto a sandwich in place of mayo. To store, put in a plastic container and then cover with plastic wrap. make certain wrap touches the guacamole, making certain that no air can get at it. Air is the enemy of avacados and will turn it brownish grey and who wants to eat that?

3 comments:

Brave Sir Robin said...

Loves me some Guacamole!!

I had some myself this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I want some!!!!!!!

GourmetGoddess said...

I was at the store this weekend, and they had some sort of guac mix in a jar. It was by Frontera, I think, wheich means it is likely good, but it was green. With no tomatoes. I found that a bit strange, but may that is my ignorant Wisconsinite talking.