Musing on food and cooking ...

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Blog Update

So, if you are actually still checking in here once in a while, you might have noticed that I have not posted in a while. I am not going to apologize, but wanted to let you all know where things stand and what is likely going to be happening.

1. I got a promotion and took on more duties at work, including advising the student newspaper. So I am swamped and really stressed out.
2. I also started a doctoral program. Going full-time. In addition to working more than full-time. So, I am having very little freetime, of which a large portion of it is currently enthralled with BSG.

If you feel like you need more than occasional blog updates from me, go friend me on Facebook. At least there is some chance at connection over there.

Otherwise, continue to watch this space. As I get adjusted to my new schedule and actually start to do some of my own writing instead of assignments, I will start to post some of my ideas, thoughts, etc., about my EdD program. Which, by the way, is in adult and higher education and where my dissertation is likely to be on some sort of obesity and higher ed issue.

2 comments:

oddjob said...

Wow! I confess that I have stopped paying regular attention since I have noticed that the blog seems to be taking a bit of a nap. Now that I read why this is so I think congratulations are most likely in order!

HOW COOL! (HOW STRESSFUL!)


BTW, don't know if you will care about this or not (but on the off chance that Top Chef is a guilty pleasure of yours):

Dishing the dirt on Top Chef. ;)

GourmetGoddess said...

Adore Top Chef! Last night, Boxer and I were watching Iron Chef and saw former contestant Richard Blais on there, and his sous chef was one of the current Top Chef contestants, sadly someone we don't like much - Eli.