Musing on food and cooking ...

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Yup, They Was Weird

So followers on my blog probably also read Boxer's blog and, by now, no doubt know about the weird foods he was subjected to during our recent northern Wisconsin Thanksgiving. I gotta say, that coon was the best coon I had ever eaten. Tasted like fantastic BBQ beef. And deer heart is fantastic and so good for the iron levels; I don't care if my poor sweetie looked like he was gonna barf when I tried to coerce him to just taste a small piece.

But those microwaveable pork rinds? Gack!

I took them to my office today, because it is the only place I have a nuker. First off, they don't "pop" very well. And they smell weird...like burnt pepper. And they pop weirdly on the tongue and they don't taste good at all. I chucked mine in the trash.

Who in the hell is buying those things, enough that they sell them in bulk?!?!?! I am not sure I want to know!

3 comments:

joshhill1021 said...

I am glad you were brave enough to try the pork rinds, but really what did you expect them to be...good?

Brave Sir Robin said...

I kinda like them.

:(

GourmetGoddess said...

I adore pork skins, particularly the hard ones... but these were strange... maybe they had a weird seasoning on them....