A Ten Things Meme
My friend Kristin posted this on facebook. It was thought provoking so I decided to take it.
Here are my answers ---
Ten Things I Wish I Could Say to Ten Different People
1) You are a good person but you keep making bad choices.
2) I would rather you were honest instead of diplomatic all the time.
3) For someone who is so smart, you can be very, very stupid.
4) I am really worried about you.
5) You are an emotionally selfish bastard.
6) I have never seen someone so accomplished and with such potential have such low self-esteem.
7) I am glad that I no longer have anything to do with you.
8) Grow up, already.
9) You are not the center of universe.
10) I know that sometimes what we see in other people is nothing but smoke and mirrors, but I am very envious of your life.
Nine Things About Me
1) I am not nearly as smart as everyone thinks.
2) I am so tired of being strong all the time.
3) Sometimes, I don’t want to make all the decisions.
4) I actually am a stereotypical Pisces – dreamy, unfocused, and escapist.
5) I sometimes feel very isolated.
6) I think I was born in the wrong century.
7) I am often filled with self-doubt.
8) I love to cook for others, but would just as soon eat out when I am on my own.
9) I often feel like a fraud.
Eight Ways to Win My Heart
1) Be present, and I mean be present emotionally, mentally, and physically.
2) Be open to trying something new.
3) Do a household chore unexpectedly.
4) Understand that I am a serious person with a tendency toward worrywartism. Accept that these are important tendencies that got me as far in life as I have gotten. They could be moderated but I don’t want them to go away entirely.
5) I don’t take care of myself very well. Help me be better at this.
6) Occasionally, go away.
7) Talk to me and listen too.
8) I often mess things up. Be patient and forgiving.
Seven Things that Cross My Mind
1) Life would have been so much better if I had grown up to be a ninja T-rex princess.
2) Why is life so damn hard?
3) The rat race is a complete waste of time.
4) Why do I still have acne at almost 35?
5) Why so many weird dreams?
6) My house is so messy right now, it is causing me distress, but I have no idea when I will be able to get it back in order.
7) Why do I go to such lengths to help others be successful when I won’t do the same for myself?
Six Things I Do Before I Go To Bed
1) Lock the front door
2) Turn off the window fan
4) Open the bedroom door
5) Put on my nightgown
6) Lie awake for just about forever.
Five People Who Mean A Lot to Me
1) Mia Madre
3) Jenn N
Four Things I'm Wearing Right Now
2) my ivory shirt, that seems to have shrunk in the dryer
3) brown pants
4) shoes that are too big and need a heel pad
Three Songs I Listen to Often
1) Viva la Vida (Coldplay)
2) Haunted (Poe)
3) Stupid Girls (Pink)
Two Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1) Figure out my purpose in life.
2) Be debt free
1) I often feel like my life is filled with nothing but failure. I don’t understand why I feel that way. I don’t know how to fix it.