Musing on food and cooking ...

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Frozen Concentrated Winter

A reader brought to my attention that I haven't posted in a while, and he is absolutely correct. Instead, I have been participating in the latest round of frozen concentrated winter. Rather like frozen concentrated OJ, we are experiencing winter in such a concentrated form that we are getting a whole year's worth of it in 23 days. Insanity! Between the sub-zero temps, wicked winds, and massive snow falls, well, I am just exhausted. Too exhausted to write.

That being said, I did recently participate in the Three Questions meme. This is where you invite 10 friends to ask any three questions, questions you must answer absolutely honestly and then post the questions and answers to your blog. My friend Donna is the only one to ask me questions... here is our exchange.....


Her Questions:

1. Where do you ultimately WANT to settle down by the time you are ready to retire – still thinking about Jump river?

2. Are you glad you had the stomach surgery or are the side effects making it not worth it?

3. Are you EVER GOING TO WRITE THAT BOOK?

My Answers:


1. Where do you ultimately WANT to settle down by the time you are ready to retire – still thinking about Jump river?


This is a very interesting question and a discussion I recently had with the potential love interest. I have never really been drawn to any one place. There isn't anyone place that I consider to be home. I love the Jump River. Of all the places I ahve been that is the one I like best. Rather than places, I have always been attracted by the opportunities in any given place. Which is why I am inclined to stay put here for a while.

2. Are you glad you had the stomach surgery or are the side effects making it not worth it?

I think it was a good thing I had the surgery as I was killing myself slowly. but I am struggling now. I have increased side effects the longer out I go. And I still feel like a fat failure.

3. Are you EVER GOING TO WRITE THAT BOOK?

Only if I radically change careers. It is too hard to write all day long and then go home and write for 4 more hours....

No comments: